Cinnamon Bread

The last 7 months have been quite the wild ride for me, thus the lack of posts since July 2013.  So here's to trying to get back into blogging about the recipes I try.  I found this recipe awhile back and this past week was the perfect time for it.  I usually make something to take to staff meetings at work, but time wasn't on my side the night before the meeting, so I whipped it up and took something in on Friday.  This is such an easy recipe and it's great with your morning coffee.

The recipe comes from Redfly Creations.  It's her take on Amish Cinnamon Bread.  This recipe will make 2 loaves, but easy to halve.

Cinnamon Bread


Ingredients for batter
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of buttermilk (recipe below)
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda

Ingredients for cinnamon mixture
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon

What to mix
1. cream together butter, sugar and eggs
2. add milk, flour, baking soda
3. pour half of the batter into 2 greased loaf pans
4. in separate bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon
5. sprinkle 3/4 the cinnamon sugar mixture on the batter in the pans
6. pour on remaining half of batter
7. sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the batter
8. swirl with a knife
9. bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
10. let cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing

It's just that easy.  Redfly also mentions that you can make this in muffin tins for individual portions that are easier for freezing and reheating.

Don't have buttermilk, here's what you do.  Measure out needed amount of milk, add 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice for every cup, let sit, stir, and add to recipe.

My tips:
* swirl the first layer of cinnamon sugar mixture into the first half of the batter
* I think I ended up baking my 2 loafs for closer to 60 minutes, but each oven is different, so use the toothpick method to be sure

I got recipe from over here, special thanks to Redfly Creations.

Happy baking!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment