Easy Cupcakes/Muffins revisited

We are finally starting to feel a cool down in the weather, which I love...because I LOVE FALL!  And when I think of fall, I to wear jeans and long sleeve shirts and get out my fleece.  And when I start to dress like fall is in the air, I want to start enjoying some of the great tastes of fall like soup and persimmon cookies.

I made these super easy cupcakes/muffins last fall and when I felt the chill in the air this past week, the  hunger for them started.  I say cupcakes/muffins because I'm not really sure which they are...they would be good with a nice cream cheese frosting, but they are more dense like a muffin.  I wanted to add some additional ingredients this time to "fall" them up.


Main Ingredients:
   white or yellow cake mix
   can of pumpkin
   milk

Additions:
   pumpkin pie spice
   cinnamon
   raisins

Review of what to do:
   1. Mix cake mix and pumpkin together with mixer.  Add a little milk to mixture.  (You want the mixture to look like a mousse.  I think I added between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of milk.)
   ***Now add the additional spices.  I didn't measure the spices, I just sprinkled some in and then tasted the batter until I got the flavor I wanted.  Then mixed in the raisins (about half of the 15oz box I had.)
   2. This recipe makes 24 regular sized cupcakes.  I didn't spray the cupcake papers (if you "have" to eat one as soon as it comes out of the oven, the bottom will stick to the paper, but have no shame when you eat the cupcake/muffin off the paper like a little kid!  Have no fear though, after the cupcakes have cooled and sat for a couple of hours they will easily peel away from the paper.)  When filing my cupcake pan, I use an ice cream scoop...the easiest way to fill cupcakes EVER!  And yes, the  one scoop will look like too much, but this batter doesn't rise that much - one scoop is perfect!
   3. Bake for 20 minutes....the cake mix said 20-25 minutes, at 20 minutes I checked them with a toothpick and they were done.

I don't feel the need to frost these, but if you need a little something extra on this pretty little fall treat, then by all means frost away!

I am looking forward to trying some new fall recipes this year and will be sure to post the pros and cons of the tested recipes.

Happy baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment