Balsamic...savory and sweet

Summer is in full swing and that means tomatoes and strawberries are readily available.  Another thing I found at the grocery store this week...buy one, get one bruschetta bread slices.  I haven't had bruschetta since 2007 when I took a little trip to Italy and I've never tried making it, until tonight.  I did a search for bruschetta and came across the recipe from The Pioneer Woman and I was sold.  Click here for the recipe.

A simple and delicious summer appetizer.



Now for something sweet...
I've been wanting to grill fruit for awhile now and since we already had the grill fired up for dinner, I decided to try my hand at grilled strawberries.

You'll need:
   strawberries (hulled and sliced in half)
   balsamic vinegar
   sugar
  • Pour a small amount of balsamic vinegar in a bowl and add in sliced strawberries, stir to coat.
  • Then roll strawberries in sugar and thread on a grilling skewer.
  • Places skewers directly on grill and leave for 3-5 minutes (depending on temperature of grill).
  • Turn and repeat.
  • Remove from skewers and serve in anyway you like...on pound cake, ice cream, cheesecake, whipped topping, or just eat by themselves. 



Happy grilling!


No comments:

Post a Comment